The size of a computer, tablet or phone display (screen) is given as a single measurement,
usually in inches.
When choosing a new device, it can be useful to know the size of your current display for
Measure a display diagonally across the area that shows a picture — in other words, excluding
the surrounding bezel.
Typical computer display sizes
- The Apple MacBook Air laptop comes in 13 and 15-inch varieties.
- The Apple MacBook Pro laptop comes in 14 and 16-inch varieties.
- Windows-based laptops, like those from Asus, Acer, Dell, HP and Lenovo, most commonly
have 14 or 15-inch displays. Smaller and larger sizes exist, but might limit your choice.
- The Apple iMac all-in-one computer has a 24-inch display.
- Windows-based all-in-one computers typically have 24 or 27-inch displays.
- For the most flexibility, including even larger sizes and the ability to swap displays at a
later date, choose a separate desktop computer and display (monitor).